2016 Boulder Legion Information
Our goal is to provide a high quality, affordable, local baseball program where student-athletes can play summer baseball with their high school teammates. Our summer high school teams are intended primarily for Boulder High School players. (Players are not required to play in our program to play baseball for Boulder High.)
League, State & Regional Tournament play will be through American Legion's baseball program. Each team will also play in 3-5 tournaments to allow players can test themselves against the best players in the state and region.
We also help players who want to play college baseball prepare for their next step. See our Playing in College page for more information.
Legion schedules can also be found at www.calb.org later this spring.
Legion A (19U)
This team will roster ~ 16 players and play approximately 50 games from May 30 to August 9. The A team will play in the Colorado Legion A-Elite league. This is a new league with competition from the top baseball high schools in Colorado including: South Denver Baseball Association (Rock Canyon + Mountain Vista), Gene Taylor (Grand Junction), Fairview, Monarch, Rocky Mountain, GoJo Sports (Greeley), Brighton, Front Range (Northglenn) & Pomona. We currently have 7 home league dates and 4 away dates. In addition to Legion games, this team will play in 6 tournaments:
- June 2-5 - Manhattan, KS Tournament of Champions
- June 9-12 - Prep Baseball Report (Metro Denver)
- June 16-19 - Letofsky 18U Tournament (Metro Denver)
- July 6-10 - Boulder National Invitational (Boulder)
- July 27-31 - Colorado State Tournament (Brighton)
- Aug 3-7 - Western Regional Tournament (Boulder)
DBOB and American Legion Post 10 are proud to host the 2016 American Legion Western Regional. This prestigious tournament features American Legion State Champions from Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, New Mexico, Nevada & Utah. Along with national media coverage, this event is attended by college coaches and scouts. As tournament hosts, the Boulder-A team receives an automatic placement into the 8-team tournament.
Legion B1 Purple (17U)
This team will roster approximately 16 players and play approximately 50 games from late May through late July. The B team will play in the Northern Colorado Legion B league against: Fairview, Fossil Ridge, Niwot, Silver Creek, Pomona, Colorado Khaos(Brighton), Poudre, Front Range (Northglenn), Greeley West, Thompson Valley and Strausburg. We have 9 home dates and 7 away dates. In addition to Legion games, this team will play in 5 tournaments:
- May 28-30 - Colorado Baseball Memorial Day (Peak to Peak, Centaurus and Monarch)
- June 2-5 - Cherry Creek Classic (Metro)
- June 6-12 - Prep Baseball Report (Metro)
- June 24-26 - Escobado (Pueblo)
- July 6-10 - Boulder National Invitational Tournament (Boulder)
- July 20-24 - State Tournament (Arvada)
Legion B2 Gold (16U)
This team will roster approximately 16 players and play approximately 45 games from late May through late July. This team will play in the North Metro Colorado Legion B league. This team will play games against Green Valley Ranch, Faith Christian, Arvada, Evergreen, Summit County, Gilpin County, Jefferson Academy and The Academy. We have 4 home dates, 3 away dates and 2 matchups still to be scheduled. In addition to Legion league play, the season will include 3-4 tournaments:
- June 9-12 - Summer Bash
- June 16-19 - Letofsky 16U (Metro Area)
- June 30 to July 3 - Cherokee Trail Shootout (Metro Area)
- July 20-24 - State Tournament (Arvada)
Legion C (15U)
Our C team will be comprised of spring '16 and fall '16 freshmen. This team will have approximately 45 games from late May through late July. This team will play in the Legion C Northern league. Teams include Boulder, Fairview, Monarch 1, Monarch 2, Colorado Khaos(Brighton), Eaton, Greeley West, Brush, Fossil Ridge, Northridge, Greeley Central, Fort Morgan. We'll have 7 home dates and 6 away dates. In addition, the C team will be playing in the following tournaments:
- June 2-5 - Play4others (Parker)
- June 30 to July 3 - Letofsky 15U (Metro Area)
- July 8-10 - Cherokee Trail Mid-Summer Classic (Metro Area)
- July 20-24 - State Tournament (TBD)
- Registration Opens – Sunday, May 1. We’ll have an early bird registration discount for those who register by May 13th.
- Roster openings - We have a few openings at 15U and 16U level. Contact
for more information.
- Skills Assessment & College Recruiting Tools Day – Friday, May 27. See http://diamondbaseball.org for signup details.
We realize that schedule conflicts may come up during the summer season. When conflicts arise, we ask that players give their coach advance notice to minimize the impact on your teammates. Here are our general policies.
- Vacations - We ask that families schedule vacations after the baseball season has concluded if possible.
- Multiple Sports - We support multiple sport athletes. We only ask that players make baseball their primary commitment and work with their coach in advance to minimize impact on the team.
- Other Baseball Camps & Teams - If you chose to play for another team in addition to DBoB, we ask that you communicate with your coach well in advance if there are conflicts. If you are a pitcher, it will be up to you to manage your total pitch count and communicate with your coaches to prevent overuse injuries.
We leave it up to coaches to determine consequences when players do not provide advance notice of DBoB team conflicts.
- Players / parents must register on-line and provide $250 deposit to secure roster spot. Contact our Registrar,
, for questions or issues.
- Players / parents must complete paper copies of Legion forms before players can participate. See 2016 Legion Forms for soft copies.
- Birth Certificate
- 2016 Legion Form 2
- DBoB Liability Release Form
- COB Release Form
- PCA Athlete Pledge
- PCA Parent Pledge
- Policy on Drugs and Alcohol
We expect player fees to range from approximately $1,400 (C) to $1,700 (A). Player fees include:
- Coaches Salaries
- Field Maintenance Fees (including lights and consummables)
- Pre-season assessment and video for goal setting, improvement and marketing kits for college.
- Uniforms (2 jerseys, hat & pants)
- League Fees
- Tournament Fees
- Baseballs & other field supplies
(Belts, socks & travel fees to out-of-state tournaments are the only additional expenses.)
We rely on fundraising to cover our costs not covered by player fees such as field improvements and tournament hosting expenses. See Partnerships and Help Reduce Player Fees for information on how you can help.
Reducing Player Fees
We have a number of options for players who want to reduce player fees.
- Players will have the opportunity to sell VIP passes to the Western Regional Tournament. Players can use the proceeds to reduce their player fees by $100.
- Players in need of financial aid should apply for City of Boulder Youth Opportunity Individual Grants. These grants are up to $200. Forms can be found under Documents -> Youth Opportunity Grants. For further details see the City of Boulder site: https://bouldercolorado.gov/child-youth-family/youth-opportunities-grants.
- We are offer Marketing Partnerships (sponsorships) to help raise money to pay for field improvements and other tournament expenses. See Why Partner with DBoB for details. You can sell sponsorships to help reduce player fees by up to $500.
- Once the player has pursued the above options, DBoB will also have some financial aid available. If you need this, apply by completing our financial aid form.